The newest motor graders from Caterpillar, Cat 120M2 and 12M2, with all-wheel-drive (AWD) counterparts, the 120M2 AWD and 12M2 AWD, continue the legacy of quality and productivity set by the original M Series machines. The new models are equipped with low emitting, fuel efficient engines meeting Tier 4 Interim emission standards and are designed for a broad range of tasks, including heavy blade work, road maintenance, snow removal and precision-finishing. The two new models join the 140M2/140M2 AWD and 160M2/160M2 AWD rolled out in early 2011 with features that boost production, trim operating costs, enhance operator convenience and simplify routine maintenance.
The new M Series 2 models are powered by Cat VHP (variable horsepower) engines with ACERT Technology and all have wider net-horsepower ranges than their M Series predecessors. The 120M2 and 120M2 AWD use the C7.1 ACERT engine, and the 12M2 and 12M2 AWD the C9.3 ACERT engine. Maximum net power ratings for the new models, respectively, are 189 hp, 209 hp, 223 hp and 243 horsepower.
Features M Series 2 Motor Graders
- Revolutionary cab and controls enhance operator comfort and productivity.
- Offers ease of maintenance, as well as the ability to quickly adjust the drawbar, circle and moldboard for precise material control and reduced operating costs.
- Electro-hydraulics enable advanced machine control with precise and predictable movements.
- Standard Automatic Differential Lock unlocks the differential during a turn, re-locks when straight, for easier operation and lower power train protection.
- All Wheel Drive models offer precise control and increased power for improved performance in a variety of applications.
- Like all Cat motor graders, M Series 2 models are designed with features to enhance operator and jobsite safety including secondary steering, hydraulic lockout, redundant brake systems, circle drive slip clutch and walkways/grab rails.